External Domains and Name Server Configurations
If during the checkout procedure you selected to register an external domain name elsewhere or use your already existing domain, please update your domain's Name Server (NS) settings accordingly:
Name Server: NS1.THIRDHOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.THIRDHOSTING.COM
To use your already existing domain with your new account, just point your domain to our name servers. This can be done by modifying the domain's management settings at your current registrar. This does NOT transfer the domain or administration to us or our domain registrar, but rather points your domain to our DNS servers as the authoritative DNS system serving your domain.
How to update your domain's name servers:
1. Log into your current domain registrar's web site.
2. Look for the domain management or settings area provided by them.
3. Look for an option called "Update Your DNS" or "Update Your Name Servers".
4. Fill in the Name Server Boxes with the addresses provided above.
5. Log in to our control panel and register your external domain with us by using the option, "Aliases".
For DNS management of your domains, once you have redirected your domain's name servers to our DNS system, you can use the Zone Manager under our control panel to modify zone records directly. By default, when registering your domain with our control panel for the first time, the IP address and MX record of the domain will default to the local IP address of our system. You must modify your DNS A records with the Zone Manager to point the domain to the desired IP address for your remote system.